Besides the health and medication system, technology specially the AI based tools can play a vital role to fight against the current corona pandemic. The Association of Universities in Asia and pacific (AUAP) in cooperation with Daffodil International University (DIU), Bangladesh is organizing the CoronaThon-19:A Hackathon for Combating COVID-19 all over the world during 28-30 April, 2020. Under this competition, students from Grade 10 to Post Graduation level will be eligible to compete online & solve the challenges brought on by the current pandemic. This initiative mainly aims to develop the best possible solutions to fight against the Corona pandemic and also engage the students in productive work during this lockdown period. It will also help them to think outside of the box towards the real challenges. All students are invited to join CoronaThon19.
- $25,000 (BDT 20,00,000+) to implement the idea
- Each participant will get the online certificates
Registration deadline: April 27, 2020
For more information & registration: http://coronathon19.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd
Facebook Event: https://web.facebook.com/events/225582935374215
Following the University's recent communication on the Special Package with Unlimited High-Speed Data, we are pleased to share with you the details of the said package below.
- unifi Mobile #Bebas Prepaid SIM card starter pack with preloaded sixty-five (65) days Unlimited High Speed Data only (worth RM200.00).
- Unlimited tethering (for hotspot).
- Valid from 13th April 2020 until 14th June 2020.
- Calls or SMS is not available. You need to reload credit for this purpose.
- Mobile number will be provided randomly.
- All MMU Students.
- ONE SIM card only per student.
- RM50.00 per SIM card.
- MMU will charge the price on behalf of Unifi Mobile in the next trimester's invoice (Trimester 1, 2020/2021)
- You need to register online at the below link for subscription using MMU e-mail account.
- The registration is open until 30th April 2020.
- Please take note that the validity of the unlimited high speed data is until 14th June 2020 only.
Delivery and Activation of SIM card
- The SIM card will be delivered by Unifi Mobile to your delivery address as provided in the registration form.
- Upon receipt of the SIM card, you are required to self-activate the SIM card using mobile@unifi app prior to usage.
- The app can be downloaded from Google Play (for Android users) or App Store (for Apple users).
- You are required to use your MMU student email address to self-activate the SIM card via mobile@unifi app to enjoy the special unlimited mobile data for MMU students.
- Due to the Movement Control Order that will last until 14 April 2020, the delivery of SIM Card to some locations could be affected.
Validity of SIM card
- The SIM card will automatically expire after three (3) months, if you stop using the service and/or stop making any transactions (reloading credit or buying passes).
- Available credit balance only. Should you require additional credit, you can reload via:
- – The mobile app; or
- – Participating outlets listed here.
Please click here if you are interested to subscribe to this Special Package. Details on other charges and T&C can be found at https://unifi.com.my/personal/mobile/bebas.
If you need further clarifications with regard to the above, kindly visit community.unifi.com.my and lookout for mobile category for you to send your enquiries.
Corporate Communications Unit
Download PDF: ACADEMIC PLANNER 1930
Dear FOE Students
Kindly do your subject registration on-line. You may swap your tutorial sections on-line if the capacity is available.
If you have any issues which disable you to register your subject online; such as to register the only one subject left for you, retaking a subject, registering for extra credit hour subject, or other subject registration issues, kindly use the attached form.
This form is used to cater for subject registration since students will not be able to come to campus and we are currently under MCO due to COVID-19 pandemic.
Students are required to email this form to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline as stated below.
Please state in the subject of your email – Request for Manual Subject Registration – (Your programme – Undergraduate/ Diploma/ Foundation)
Students are required to check the status of the subject (added / dropped/ withdrawn) in CaMSys within 3 working days from the email date.
Deadline for the form to reach Faculty:
- Add & Drop: 18 MAR 2020 to 24 APR 2020
- Withdrawal: 27 APR 2020 to 8 MAY 2020
Please be reminded that any application submitted after the deadline will NOT be processed.
Please be invited to the Meet & Greet Session with Dean of FOE via Google Meet scheduled as below:
Date : 6th April 2020
Time : 6.00-7.00pm (Malaysia Time)
via Google Meet : https://meet.google.com/vqd-oexc-egh
For those who are unfamiliar using Google meet you may follow the steps below:
If you use a laptop or PC ( webcam and mic – optional):
- Open Google Chrome and sign in your email@example.com account.
- Click the 9 dots on right-above corner, select Meet.
- Click "+ Join or start a meeting", key-in https://meet.google.com/vqd-oexc-egh .
- Click the Mic button to turn off your mic, then click "Join".
If you use a mobile phone:
- Download "Hangouts Meet" from Google Play Store.
- Install and open Google Meet.
- Go to this link https://meet.google.com/vqd-oexc-egh
- Press the Mic button button to turn off your mic , then press "Meeting code".
- Then press Join meeting button.
See you there.
The Baden-Württemberg foundation is supporting students who wish to study one semester at Offenburg University of Applied Sciences and gather valuable experience abroad.
Nomination is through the faculty. Interested FOE applicants should contact Dr. Hezerul (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible. The deadline for nomination is March 31, 2020.
All nominated students have to register with the Baden-Württemberg foundation under the following link https://www.bws-world.de/registration/?network=3 , enter their personal data and upload Letter of Motivation, CV and Transcript of Records.
For more information concerning the semester at Offenburg University of Applied Sciences, please see the following website: https://incoming.hs-offenburg.de/en/exchange-students-and-special-programs/ .
24 Angels Homecare has been selected as the Rising Star Category finalists in The Star Outstanding Business Awards (SOBA) held recently. 24 Angels Homecare, founder Jimmy Yeap Thye Liang graduated with Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) (Electrical) from Faculty of Engineering, class of 2018. He was a 2016 recipient of the MMU StartUp Scheme (MMUSS) 2016 under the Entrepreneur Development Center.
24 Angels Home Care is a registered home care service provider that provides alternative the elderly who wish to recuperate at home. Their core services are in-house caregivers, private nursing, hospital sitter, hospital escort and home physiotherapy. 24 Angels Home Care is a one-stop aggregator that matches and connects users to the nearest possible in-house caregivers. Apart from providing quality home care services to their clients, it also creates new job opportunities to nurses who want part-time work or wish to work directly with the community in their neighborhood.
The Star Outstanding Business Awards (SOBA) is to recognize up-and-coming enterprises and their contributions to the Malaysian economy. Rising Star Award is awarded to the best new, up-and-coming local enterprise that has displayed great potential to become a successful player in the local and/ or international market.
Congratulations Jimmy! Wish you success in all your future endeavors.