2 days hackathon event in October - NASA Space Apps Challenge 2018, one of the world's biggest hackathon event in more than 170 cities around the world. The event embraces collaborative problem solving with a goal of producing relevant open-source solutions to address global needs applicable to both life on Earth and life in space.
This will be their 3rd year in Kuala Lumpur.
- NASA Space Apps Challenge 2018
- Date: 20 - 21 October 2018, Sat & Sun
- Place: Petrosains The Discovery Centre
- Participant: Open for anyone who is interested in developing meaningful solutions to help critical needs applicable to both life in Space and on Earth using NASA big data.
- Entry Fee: Free (Pre-registration at www.spaceappskl.com)
- URL:http://www.spaceappskl.com/ (Kuala Lumpur Official page)
Please see this attachment for details.
Innovate Malaysia Design Competition is the largest engineering design competition in Malaysia, open to all final year undergraduate engineering, computer science, and science/mathematics students. The competition is co-organized by technology companies, including Google, Intel, Keysight, MathWorks, Microsoft, SAS, SilTerra, CEDEC, and SOLIDWORKS, supported by Ministry of Education, and professional bodies including IEM and IET. The competition serves to promote innovative culture in engineering design, tackle real-world problems with practical engineering solutions, and churn out brightest talents for product development, further research, and commercialization.
Participants are provided start-of-the-art industry platforms to develop their projects. They are trained on the industry tools/platforms and mentored by the industry leaders. The technology platforms provided encompass various domains from IC design, electronic design, mechanical design, mobile/web/cloud apps, to big data analytics. Participants can also work on Design Challenges supplied by various industries in solving real-life problems in various areas from social, commercial, to industrial problems. The competition has become a platform to groom and acquire engineering talents; to promote adoption of industry platforms in the universities; and to align engineering solutions to real-world problems.
Among the benefits participating students will get:
- Supplied state-of-the-art industry hardware and software tools
- Acquire skills on technology platform, technical competency, industry domain knowledge, & design innovation.
- Receive project mentorship from industry experts
- Tackle real-world problems by taking up Design Challenge
- Priority access to high-value jobs by participating companies
- Win multiple attractive prizes
Details of the competition can be found from the competition secretariat website:
The next cycle of student teams' enrollment has started, closing deadline is on 8 October 2018.
You are cordially invited to the talk below:
Title : Gigabit passive optical network(GPON) and Dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) Technologies
Date: 7th September 2018 (Friday)
Time: 10 -11 am
Speaker: Mr Sri Krishnah Kanniah, Head of Access Transport, MAXIS
Teaching Evaluation Exercise in CaMSys for Trimester 1, 2018/2019 is currently opened to all students (Term ID: 1810) until 7th October 2018. Students may visit the following address to participate in this exercise:
URL for the system: http://online.mmu.edu.my/ or students may directly go to https://cms.mmu.edu.my/psp/csprd/?cmd=login&languageCd=ENG&
(CaMSys username and password are required to proceed to the next step).
Presentation Period – Week 11 & Week 12 (10 – 21 Sept 2018)
FYP 1 and FYP 2 students are required to check the dates with their supervisors.