- This challenge is open to all MMU FYP students who are completing their projects in Trimester 2, 2018/2019.
- FYP students from any faculties in MMU can join, as long as the projects relate to any of the conference track/theme. Please browse our conference website at http://foe.mmu.edu.my/v3/MECON2019/mecon.html for details.
- Facebook (FB) entry (video or image) about your FYP project with most "Likes" wins the challenge.
- Only one FB entry per one FYP project is allowed. However, combination of multiple related FYP projects (same supervisor with not more than 3 students per entry) per single FB entry is acceptable.
- Everyone is invited to join the conference (R.S.V.P., limited tickets available).
How to WIN this challenge:
- After the content is uploaded into MECON Facebook, please share your project at our FB with your friends and groups to get their support to like your project.
- Share with as many people as possible before the deadline 15 March 2019, 12pm.
- The earlier you submit, the earlier you get to share. Submission is opened now.
Simple steps to submit your entry:
- Create one of the following content.
The FB content must contain:
The FB content should also contain:
- Single video file
- Dimension - Recommended resolution 1280 x 720 pixels
- Duration - Maximum 3 minutes
- File size - Maximum 30MB
- Single static image
- Dimension - Recommended resolution 1200 x 630 pixels
- Note: Please ensure that your file can be uploaded in FB. Multiple submissions for the same project is not allowed.
Fill up this Google Form to enter this challenge and to upload your FB content:
Then, your content will be uploaded to FB content at: https://www.facebook.com/mecon2019/. Please allow us around three working days to do so.
- Winners will be announced during the MECON conference.
- Five posts with highest number of FB 'Likes' win up to RMxxxx cash prizes and certificates. Each group may win RMXXX cash prize.
For further enquiries, please contact Ms. Sherry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dear FOE students,
The deadline for LEP has been extended to 1st March 2019.
Under-probation students in FOE are required to attend the LEP designed to help you improve your academic excellence and hopefully get out of your "under-probation" status. This compulsory short program will provide you with valuable information on how to study better and more efficiently use of your time, so that by the end of the session you will feel motivated and inspired to take up study challenges. The LEP for this trimester will be a one to one session with academic advisors. Please check the name of the Academic Advisors assigned to you in CAMSYS and double-check at the faculty office if your are involved in this programme.
Please note that attendance is COMPULSORY to all students on probation status. Unable to attend the program, students will be at risk of TERMINATION.
All students (especially the FYP students) are encourage to participate in the following competition.
The important dates:
- Now: Application Open
- 2 May 2019: Application Closing Date
- 1 June 2019:Submission date of the manuscript, System Declaration Form, operation manual
- 12th - 26th June 2019 Screening for Finalist
- 25th-26th July 2019 PROCOM Competition
- 1st Prize: RM 5000 Trophy; Certificate (1 team): Entitle to represent Malaysia to participate in the 11th International, Programming Contest organized by NAPROCK (Japan) in March 2020 in Vietnam Air ticket & accommodation will be covered (covered a team of max 3 students and 1 respective mentor)
- 2nd Prize:Cash RM3,000; Trophy; Certificate (1 team)
- 3rd Prize:Cash RM2,000; Trophy; Certificate (1 team)
- MMU Prize:Trophy & Certificate, Nominate by the Multimedia University (1 team)
Registration fee is RM 150 per team. Please refer to this link for more information.
There will be a career talk and interview session by NXP Semiconductors with details as below:
Date: Monday, 14th January 2019
Time: 2 - 3 PM
Venue: IDEAS Lab, Ground Floor, Block C, Faculty of Engineering, MMU
Undergraduates and students looking for internship opportunities are encouraged to attend. Please bring your resumes along.
Please see this attachment for application procedure.
Greetings from MECON 2019!
Kindly follow these steps if you wish to submit your FYP article to MECON's FYP Conference Paper Writing Competition to win FULL sponsorship to attend the conference. This competition is open to all FOE students undergoing or completed their project. TEN best papers will be selected.
1. Follow the registration and full paper submission steps as described here: http://foe.mmu.edu.my/v3/MECON2019/submission.html
2. Once you have submitted, you will be able to get your full paper contribution ID.
3. Please proceed to complete this simple form https://goo.gl/forms/la7I4xoNRAuM4idr1, in order to enter the FYP competition.
Please be reminded that the due date for full paper submission is 30 November 2018. Please discuss with your FYP supervisor if you are interested. For further enquiries regarding this competition, please contact Dr. Sin YK (email@example.com) or anyone of us.
Thank you very much.